Tuesday, February 25, 2020

CAST RECORDINGS OF 2019: A PERSONAL LOOK

In 2019, between cast recordings (new ones and reissues) and movie/television musicals soundtracks, I counted 91 releases. Of course, I didn’t listen to all of them, but I only missed a few.

Before crucifying me for my choices, let me confess that I love the traditional Broadway sound and I have strong difficulties to enjoy other music styles. So, everything that sounds like rock,country or folk hardly have a chance to catch my narrow-minded ears. In order to get an idea, take a look at my 20 FAVORITE SCORES of all time.

Without further delays, here are my choices among the new recordings (I didn't consider reissues). First, the “Jorge’s Place Awards” and then my “Top Twelve" recordings of 2019, in preference order and not including reissues.

If you like this, take a look at my choices of 2018, 201720162015, 20142013 and 2012.  

JORGE'S PLACE AWARDS 2019




TOP TWELVE CAST RECORDINGS OF 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment