Monday, January 16, 2023

CAST RECORDINGS OF 2022: A PERSONAL LOOK

You know something? I’m a very conservative musical lover and I rarely care for pop, rock, country or rap scores. I believe they may work perfectly on stage, but not in my hears and heart. You see, I’m the guy who loves CHICAGO but hates HAMILTON.

So, with that in mind, I have to ask where were the new happy musical scores? It’s seems people forgot how to write them or maybe it’s the audiences that don’t care anymore for carefree musicals. Everything must be politically correct or about some serious subject. The new scores sound too much alike and rarely a new song comes to the spotlight. This year, on my humble opinion, the best scores were written for movies and not for stage musicals.

Well, here are my year choices among the 63 (more or less) new Musical recordings released in 2022. In order to get an idea of my Musical taste take a look at my 20 FAVORITE SCORES of all time.

First, the “Jorge’s Place Awards”; then my “Top Nine” new recordings of 2020, in preference order and not including reissues.

If you like this, take a look at my choices of 202120202019, 2018, 201720162015, 20142013 and 2012.






MY TOP NINE RECORDINGS OF 2022







No comments:

Post a Comment