Saturday, February 15, 2014

WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF - The Original Broadway Cast Recording

I confess that the idea of listening to a play on the radio or on CD isn’t very appealing to me. I guess there’s nothing wrong with it, but I don’t have the patience that is required.

Well, as you probably have already heard, in a few days WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF is going to be released as a digital download and later on a 2-CD-R (this one through Arkiv Music). This is the original Broadway Cast of the 1962 production, with the stars who created the roles: Uta Hagen, Arthur Hill, Melinda Dillon and George Grizzard. The recording includes the three acts in four tracks - “Fun and Games”, “Walpurgisnacht (Beginning)”, “Walpurgisnacht (Conclusion)”, “The Exorcism”.


I believe this will be a hard seller, but it’s truly a happening for lovers of theatre plays, who now may bring home this classic of the American Stage written by Edward Albee. So, if you love theatre more than I, this collection item is for you.

1 comment:

  1. I still have the vinyl version of this. For those interested, best to watch the "At home with Dick and Liz" film version. ;^)

    ReplyDelete